LC8 Save command

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Feb 5 18:13:15 EST 2016

If I'm reading the documentation correctly, saving a stack file without
specifying the "with format" clause results in it being saved in the format
specified in the stackFileVersion.

If I open a stack file created with 6.x or 7.x in 8.0 and save it without
changing the stackFileVersion and without specifying the format in the
"with" clause, it becomes unreadable by 6.x or 7.x, even if it uses none of
the 8.0 features.

I'd be happy to use the" with format" clause but is there a property of a
stack that contains its stackFileVersion?  The IDE obviously knows what it
is since it puts out a nice error message if you try to open a stack file
created with a later LC version.

Would be nice if there was a "with current format" or something similar
that would save the stack with the format it already has.