Timing Hide/Show - Lock/Unlock Screen - w Visual Effects.

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 5 13:00:12 EST 2016

This animation business is all new and I’m missing some key knowledge base  here.

Can any clarify LC’ underlying algorithm for running something like this?

Goal: to have “narration” text show in a field, smoothly disappear, then a second narration text appear in the field without abruptly just replacing the text.

as “pseudo” code this would appear to be what I want… but in fact it does not work.

It’s as if the dissolve over time is superseded by the subsequent commands

  wait 1 second

   put the uNarrationText[1] of this card into fld "narrationPanel"

   show fld "narrationPanel"  with visual effect dissolve very fast

   wait 1 second

   lock screen

   put empty into fld "narrationPanel"

   unlock screen with visual effect dissolve slowly

   wait 30 ticks

   lock screen

   put the uNarrationText[2] of this card into fld "narrationPanel"

   unlock screen with visual effect dissolve slowly

in particular, narrowing it down to this

   show fld "narrationPanel"  with visual effect dissolve very fast

   wait 1 second

   lock screen

   put empty into fld "narrationPanel"

   unlock screen with visual effect dissolve slowly

# the effect I’m looking for is the first text should appear to dissolve, and the new text appear with dissolve

Obviously I can do the whole field like this:

   wait 1 second

   put the uNarrationText[1] of this card into fld "narrationPanel"

   show fld "narrationPanel"  with visual effect dissolve very fast

   wait 1 second

    hide fld "narrationPanel"  with visual effect dissolve very fast

   put the uNarrationText[2] of this card into fld "narrationPanel"

    show fld "narrationPanel"  with visual effect dissolve very fast

but it woudl be cool just to have the text change out… Yes, I could create a mask object with the field inside, but I’m looking for a simpler 1 field only solution

BR