Can't Get LC Server to fire

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Thu Feb 4 22:06:22 EST 2016

On 5/02/2016 8:00 am, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> inside the public_html folder you use the .htaccess method  fo setting the actions
>
> AddHandler livecode-script .lc
> Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-community-server
The contents of the .htaccess file here tell the server to process ".lc"
files using the livecode-community-server executable in the /cgi-bin/
directory.

Do you have the livecode-community-server executable in the cgi-bin
directory?
> I just installed Livecode server on our Hinduism Today cloud instance at linode which is running the same version of Ubuntu/apache as our Himalayan Academy site… also on a Linode cloud instance..
>
> But as you can see the engine is no being triggered here:
>
> http://www.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/echo.lc
That is because the .htaccess file you have above is in the public_html
directory, which doesn't get processed for files in the /cgi-bin/ directory.

Cheers,

Charles