Release 8.0 DP 14

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Thu Feb 4 15:36:27 EST 2016

Yes, 6 and 7 will be EOLed when 8.0 GM is released - at the moment they are
being updated only for critical reasons (eg SSL update, or XCode
compatibility).

So yes, you should be considering wholesale transfer to 8 ASAP. The vast
majority of further work on 8.0 will be LiveCode Builder or IDE related, so
the core engine is pretty stable and has many improvements over the 7.1
engine.