AW: Re: Regex help needed...

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 04:55:18 EST 2016

​​
>  Regex has  been around a long time
>  and lots of smart computer science types has
> spent time coming up with ways to optimize its performance for pattern
> matching.

That's was true, it's still true and will always be true!

and here are some benchmarks
done in a late rainy sunday evening:

* Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2.1 times*

For the details:

1) Regex1 is the original regex, Chunk1 is  from Richard, Regex2 is mine.
2) You can noticed the difference in time depending on the value of pPage
    ( that's a normal behavior with regex)
3) I've done the calculation the same way as Richard did, so you can compare

******  aPage = 1, Same? true true
Regex1: 8943 ms
Chunk1: 210 ms
Regex2: 99 ms
        Regex2 faster than orig regex by: 90.3 times
        Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2.1 times

******  aPage = 2, Same? true true
Regex1: 9946 ms
Chunk1: 212 ms
Regex2: 100 ms
        Regex2 faster than orig regex by: 99.5 times
        Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2.1 times

******  aPage = 3, Same? true true
Regex1: 4451 ms
Chunk1: 210 ms
Regex2: 98 ms
        Regex2 faster than orig regex by: 45.4 times
        Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2.1 times

******  aPage = 4, Same? true true
Regex1: 11465 ms
Chunk1: 200 ms
Regex2: 98 ms
        Regex2 faster than orig regex by: 117 times
        Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2 times

******  aPage = 5, Same? true true
Regex1: 11457 ms
Chunk1: 201 ms
Regex2: 94 ms
        Regex2 faster than orig regex by: 121.9 times
        Regex2 faster than Chunk by: 2.1 times

Kind regards,

Thierry