Using [ Control "SomeImageName" ] VS [image "SomeImageName"]

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Tue Feb 2 13:46:33 EST 2016

I was just answering the question asked :-)

What I usually do (and what we generally do in the IDE) is get a target
object's long ID, put it in a variable and use that for subsequent
references. That way you only pay the (again, very small) performance
penalty once per usage. Obviously YMMV, I would never blanket-recommend ANY
optimisation strategy as these things are almost always specific to the use
case.