Fade In and Out Using Blend Level: Performance Issues

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 2 00:26:47 EST 2016

Are you saying you can't use "dissolve"?  It works on iOS, but if you
can't use it on Android, you might have to use a less preferred transition.

In an attempt to keep things snappy in my own stacks, I usually set the
effectRate to 1000 along with dissolve very fast.  Most of the time, I
leave acceleratedRendering enabled, but sometimes it's worth trying
disabled.  When possible, it can help to limit the effect to a rect.

It probably won't make a difference but you can hide/show an object along
with a visual effect.

  hide img 1 with visual effect dissolve very fast

When doing a scripted dissolve with blendLevel, I prefer to sacrifice
smoothness for speed. I usually use 10 steps (10% increments) with a delay
of 0 to 5 millisecs.  I never go beyond 20 steps because the effect takes
too long to run.

On tablet size screens, you might be out of luck with a scripted dissolve.

If your image has a resizeQuality greater than "normal", you might try
setting it to normal before doing the fade.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 2/1/16, 8:37 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of brahma at hindu.org>