imageSource broken in LC 8?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Dec 30 15:28:07 EST 2016

Has anyone else noticed this?

LiveCode has for years allowed you to set the imageSource property of a character to some valid image specifier, including a URL.

This seems to be broken in LC 8. Try this:

Create a field with a few characters in it.

Now try this in the message box:

set the imageSource of char -1 of fld 1 to "http://livecode.byu.edu/imgs/runmode.png"

Nothing happens.

But if you import an image file, say, “foo.png” and try it:

set the imageSource of char -1 of fld 1 to  “foo.png"

It works as expected.

I just tried it in LC 7.1.4 and it didn’t work either. Had to go all the way back to 6.7.11 before it would work.

If it’s been broken that long, maybe no one except me uses this technique.

Anyone else seeing this?

Devin

Devin Asay
Director