LC 9 Problem inserting Controls

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 06:53:04 EST 2016

Hi Bob,

It was Toplevel not Modal. I removed all controls one by one - no go. I
opened it in version 8 , still the same.
Was going back to six  but I tried a long shot - and prayed.

I set the scale factor back to 1 (I'm developing on a height of 1280) and
the controls could be seen. Then I put the scale back but dropped a control
closer to the right edge and I could just see it.

So basically when the stack is scaled controls can be dropped on to it  but
will not be added unless a small part of it can be seen at the edge.
For example at a scale of .7 if I "placed"  a button on the right side of
my stack it was "dropped"  to the very left but higher up and I could see
it.

If I changed the scale to .6 try as I might it was always "dropped" "off
stack" and not added.

I just went back and tried this on version 6 and the "drop" position is
pretty much the "placed" position with or without scaling.

One extra little "recipe" for this to fail on 9 is that it is also
dependant on where on the screen the stack is.

If the stack is to the left of the screen a button dropped on the right
edge will become visible and will this be "dropped" at the left edge.

So I would not have noticed this problem when my stack was over to the left
of my screen.

Is this an undocumented feature or just a bug?

Lagi