SQLite and single quote characters

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Wed Dec 28 13:54:39 EST 2016

I am using my Christmas break to try to teach myself how to use SQLite with LiveCode. (Hopefully I will be able to teach my students how to use it also, come January.) In this process I ran into a problem, where the script I used did not insert a new record to the database as expected. Some records were created, others were not, but no errors were reported.

I managed to track it down to the fact that in the instances where it did not work, some of the data I wanted to register included the use of the single quote character. This resulted in no new records being inserted, but LC did not report any errors.

As a single quote may be a valid character in some instances where I intend to use SQLite databases, I am now at odds with how to proceed. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Regards
Tore Nilsen