How to quit an Android app

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Dec 22 16:28:28 EST 2016

IMO, having a *requirement* for a user to create a test stack - EVEN IF
THE SIMPLE DESCRIPTION IS CLEAR AND UNAMBIGUOUS - is an unacceptable
bureaucratic nonsense.

I'm all in favour of creating test stacks to demonstrate a problem -
esp. if the originally failing stack is complex, or if this can save the
development team significant time. But if it is simply moving the time
burden from the developers to the users, then it's unreasonable.

I'd be OK with the situation of entering a bug with clear description -
and giving the developers the option to request a test stack; but to
impose that as a blanket, requirement before the bug will be properly
considered is not OK.

-- Alex.