More Android Woes!

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Dec 21 11:31:05 EST 2016

Greetings (especially Panos),

I went to build my Android app again this morning and I get yet more errors.  As you recommended last time, I added got “the result” from stack “revSaveAsAndroidStandalone”.  Here is is:

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC$1.class
...while processing tsNet/LC$1.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC$ActivityResultCallback.class
...while processing tsNet/LC$ActivityResultCallback.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC$Error.class
...while processing tsNet/LC$Error.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC$Object.class
...while processing tsNet/LC$Object.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC$Wait.class
...while processing tsNet/LC$Wait.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/LC.class
...while processing tsNet/LC.class

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing tsNet/tsNet.class
...while processing tsNet/tsNet.class
7 warnings

What does this mean?  And how does one solve it?  Man, this was all working fine yesterday!

While I have your ear, what's the story on Android Push Messaging?  Looks like LiveCode no longer supports Push Messaging on Android devices.  Google has retired GCM and moved to FCM but LiveCode doesn’t have the support for FCM.  Is there a workaround for this until LC catches up?

Many, MANY Thanks,
-Dan