[ ANN ] Release 9.0.0 DP-4

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Dec 20 12:28:35 EST 2016

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-4.

Developer Preview Release
=========================
Warning: this is not a stable release.  Please ensure that you back up your
stacks before testing them.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-4 contains exciting new features, bug fixes, stability
and security improvements.

In total, 26 bugs have been fixed since the last development preview
release (LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-3).

Moreover, 50 additional bugs that have been fixed for 8.1.3 RC-1 (which is
not released yet), are included in LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-4.

LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-4 contains, among others, the following new features:

- SHIFT + TAB now reformats entire script
- Add ability to create behaviors from script only stacks in Behavior pane
of PI
- Allow limiting the input length of an iOS field
- Change size restriction on cloning/pasting graphics
- Show Parent Behaviors in Project Browser
- Allow loading/unloading of multi-module LCB extensions

We also had several contributions from the Community:

Devin Asay
BerndN
Trevor DeVore
seaniepie

Thank you all :)

The full release notes are available from:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_0_0/LiveCodeNotes-9_0_0_dp_4.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!

The LiveCode Team