ERROR: Android: Could not encode class bundle

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Dec 20 00:12:26 EST 2016

Panos,

After posting the result, I did a little research and found that "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0” refers to Java 1.7.  Turns out that you have to have Java 1.8.  Seems that Android Studio is pointing to the old version (1.7).  So, I manually removed 1.6 and downloaded and installed 1.8.  Now it’s building without error.

Thanks for the advice… it got me on the right track.  Hope this helps the next guy!

-Dan