LC 8.1.2 Stable

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:12:01 EST 2016

Wow!

I must be able to see into the future: just sat down in front of my
polycarbiMac and thought
"Oo; there's a new Livecode version to download!" and, Lo! There was:
8.1.2 Stable.

Yet, the 8.1.2 Stable announcement hasn't appeared in my in-box yet.

Most exciting!

Anyway, be that as it may; I wonder what the socking great 60 MB
difference between the
Community version for Mac and the Indy Version for Mac actually consists of.

Maybe I haven't looked in the right places, but I haven't really found
documentation about
the differences between the Community version and the Indy one beyond
being able to
protect one's code from nosey types (which is, after all, not an
insignificant difference), and
do find it hard to believe that it takes 60 MB to make that difference.

Would be grateful if one of the mavens could put me straight . . .

Richmond.