filling and saving PDF forms in LiveCode.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Dec 16 21:18:10 EST 2016

So first, how were the fillable PDF's produced? There is an option in Acrobat to save as a Reader Extended PDF, one of the options being More Tools (Fillabe Forms...). If it was saved in this format, and you still cannot fill it, then the PDF Viewer is just that. A Viewer.

In order to print a Fillable PDF from a web page, I believe you will need to know some Javascript. You will need to make a button that doesn't print but executes an action. I have never done this, but an associate of mine was tasked with this, and I remember this is what he had to do in order to send the filled form as an email in an attachment.

Because PDF's can be secure documents, Adobe has gone to great lengths to make sure no one can modify a PDF that has been filled and digitally signed. So even if a PDF is fillable, if it has been signed it becomes unfillable if you get me.

So I guess I'm saying I'd need more info to make a determination.

Bob S