Start using remote stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 13 10:43:09 EST 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 12/12/16 11:08 PM, Mike Bonner wrote:
 >> I haven't tried it but, perhaps you could-- put url "
 >> https://www.domain.com/folder/stack.livecodescript" into url
("binfile:" &
 >> specialfolderpath("temp") & "/thestack.livecodescript"
 >> Then start using it from there.
 >
 > Hey, it works! Binary or script-only stack both. Clever. :)

If a binary stack can be used from memory only, it should not be
necessary to write a script-only stack to disk.

Such a requirement prevents us from using script-only stacks in secure
zero-footprint apps, such as those with the securityPermissions for
"disk" turned off.

If you haven't filed a bug report I cam do that.

I think it's useful to report any behavioral differences between
script-only and binary stacks, as they break the cardinal design mandate
that the only difference be the storage format.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems