TreeView custom sort?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 10 12:30:11 EST 2016

I need a sort of object browser, and have been playing around with the
TreeView widget as a possible quick solution.

Handy for many things, but being array-based it seems my options for
sorting are limited.

Like the IDE's Object Browser, I need a sort order which reflects
physical layering of objects.

I could number these as I add them to the array, but the numbers would
be meaningless to the user, as they would be in the Object Browser.

I'd like to show the object name instead, but I can't find a way to do
that while maintaining a fixed order.

Any ideas, or am I back to making a custom control for this?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems