Behaviors and the message path

Bleiler, Timothy bleiler at buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:44:39 EST 2016

On Dec 9, 2016, at 12:56 PM, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com<mailto:mark at livecode.com>> wrote:

Rule (2) preserves this semantic for behaviors and, indeed, codifies the fact that behaviors aren't really objects - they are script extensions (for want of a better term).

Thank you Mark, your explanation is very helpful. I’m reminded again how much I appreciate your excellent stewardship of the language.

I still have one question though. Given the part of your answer I quoted above, why does the “pass” control structure trigger handlers along the behavior chain rather than skipping over them and going to the next object in the ownership chain?

Tim Bleiler, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer, HSIT
University at Buffalo