Cannot get a compiled app to work

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Wed Dec 7 08:07:14 EST 2016

Hi Greg,

I was about to post a reply with my results, since I already have your
.livecode file (you sent it to me for bug 18958).

I also had to remove this widget, otherwise I was getting an error "cannot
load module" when building the iOS standalone. After removing the widget, I
was able to build an iOS standalone. However, after installing the app on
an iPad, the app was crashing on startup.

I noticed that if I change the "Search for required Inclusions" to "Select
Inclusions" (and rebuild an ios standalone), the app no longer crashes on
startup. So my guess is that "Search for required inclusions" adds an
inclusion X to the required ones, but X cannot be found in the standalone,
thus it crashes.

I suggest you rebuild the standalone *without* removing this custom widget,
but choose "Select Inclusions" and make sure you have checked this
particular widget in the "Inclusions" pane.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,
Panos
--

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM, pink <nabble at mad.pink> wrote:

> alright... after hours of messing around with the program, I have found the
> cause... I was using Hermann's SVGText widget... once I removed it, the
> program compiled and worked correctly...
>
> so, why would the widget work correctly on the simulator but not an actual
> device?
>
> I haven't really dabbled much with LCB, but are there other issues with
> community widgets in builds?
>

> --

Panagiotis Merakos <panos.merakos at livecode.com>
LiveCode Software Developer