Typesetting in LC -- Line Spacing

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Dec 5 18:57:56 EST 2016

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org> wrote:
>
> Our design team here has high expectations for typesetting that are not easily implemented in LC… or were not before.
>
> But I realize new text styles have been introduced… though I believe thorough docs/tutorials have not been issued so it is a bit opaque.   Where are the new text style command documented?  I just spent 20 minute in the dictionary… not finding what I thought was the "new text formatting stuff"  I could have been mistaken...
>
> I see a textShift option, but this is from 1.0  so I don't think it is part of the new styles… the entry under "textStyle" talks about an array but this is also from as far back as 5.0.2
>
> Where are all these defined? Or am I thinking that there is something there is not?

You can filter dictionary listings to only show field properties, and then it’s a not-too-long scroll to see almost all of the text properties.

Also, the htmlText property listing in the dictionary lists pretty much all of the field properties, including properties that apply to paragraphs. They are pretty much all there, since the htmlText property has to accurately capture all text formatting within a field.

(I grant that this is a non-obvious place to look, but it is mostly all there.)

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities