Non-Public API Usage

pink nabble at mad.pink
Sat Dec 3 19:03:55 EST 2016

I compiled and submitted an app using iTunes Connect. I received the
following rejection message.

I compiled using Livecode 8.1.2 rc2, I have Xcode 8.1 installed. I tried
recompiling a few times and got the same results each time.

How do I fix this?

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for
"PlanningBoard 2". To process your delivery, the following issues must be
corrected:

Non-public API usage:

The app references non-public symbols in MadPink Planning Board:
_getcontext, _makecontext, _setcontext
If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed
above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being
flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the
above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your
app. If so, they must be removed.

If you think this message was sent in error and that you have only used
Apple-published APIs in accordance with the guidelines, send the app's
nine-digit Apple ID, along with detailed information about why you believe
the above APIs were incorrectly flagged, to appreview at apple.com. For further
information, visit the Technical Support Information page.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make
you aware of them:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app includes an API for Apple's
Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing
from the app's signature. To resolve this, make sure your App ID is enabled
for push notification in the Provisioning Portal. Then, sign your app with a
distribution provisioning profile that includes the aps-environment
entitlement. This will create the correct signature, and you can resubmit
your app. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push
Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not
use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may
remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a
third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information
on removing the API.

Once the required corrections have been made, you can then redeliver the
corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team