live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:31:55 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure I understand this but... You open a stack, and then try to change
> the permissions of the directory that it resides in so that you then can't
> save it?  Since the file is already open and "in use" i'm not sure its
> actually possible to change the permissions under those circumstances.

I've checked; it is.  From within LiveCode, I used a shell command to chmod.

But I've also done it from the OS before launching, and locks the directory
in the OS; these just get ignored (yet saving the preferences for plugins
is not)

 If you create a new folder (empty, or not) and change the permissions on
> that one (with no open stack or file inside) does the change stick?

Nope; gets overridden.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462