live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu Dec 1 19:08:39 EST 2016

Hi Dr. Hawkins,

If you just want to prevent overwriting of older files,
why don’t you just use a new name for the file.
You can always track which file is the newest in a few
different ways.

For Example:  File1, File2, or append a date and time to the file name.
At the end of some larger time period you can decide which ones
to keep and which to toss out.  You don’t have to screw around
with file permissions at all then.

You can always check for the existence of a file too by name.
If the file already exists then you know not to rewrite it.
Create a new name for a new file and use that one instead.

Still if LC is not doing what it is supposed to, or doing something
that it shouldn’t do, it should be fixed.

Good luck,

Rick