Extremely OT: Transceiver for sale

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:00:08 EDT 2016

Hey all,
sorry for the off topic, but I figure the amount of brains and wide range
of interests in this group.. I might as well see if anyone wants some
electronics. (if not I'll ebay them)

I recently bought a used ambulance (yes really) and am modifying things for
disability camping.  It came with the radio equipment minus the head unit.
I believe its dual band (2 parts, connected by cable) uhf and vhf, and
apparently programmable (if you know someone who can) for ham bands.  The
cable that would have went to the head unit has been cut, but the cable is
affordable.

I'd actually prefer to keep it and set it up (sans mic) as a scanner, but
selling will help offset the cost of retrofitting the ambulance for my
needs.

To see what i'm talking about, look up kenwood tk 790h.  (2 of them as
mentioned, linked together)  The antennas are here too, but the chances I
can remove them from the ambulance in a timely fashion (aka work up the
nerve to beg for help..) is slim.

If interested, let me know, if not feel free to ignore this.