Standalone stops running

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 31 12:31:32 EDT 2016

Hello Richard -

I won't have time this morning to dissect the stack itself, but I have a
hunch that may be useful:

Your openstack handler refers to the "Data" stack by short name only,
but it's a separate stack file, yes?

That would require it to be listed in the stackFiles property of the
stack used as the app ("Main").

Unless you're setting that elsewhere in script, perhaps you'd been
relying on the Standalone Builder settings for that, and maybe that
setting didn't carry over between versions.

Of course that would be a bug, and perhaps one already fixed (they're up
for 8.1 RC1 now), but in the meantime hopefully all you'll need to do is
doubnle-check the stack files section of the Standalone Builder settings
and re-establish the reference to the "Data" stack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems

Hillen Richard wrote:

 > in the beginning of this year I wrote on OS X 10.6. with Livecode
 > 8.0.1 a splash stack (stack main and substack Data), which runs fine
 > in the delveloper environment and as standalone.
 >
 > In the last week I changed a litte bit in the Data substack, using OS
 > X 10.6.11, Livecode 8.0.2 again. It runs fine in the development
 > environment.
 > I made again an standalone of it, the App starts, shows the splash
 > window and then stops, throws an Error:
 >
 > Executing at 5:52:18 PM on Wednesday, August 31, 2016
 > Type: Handler: error in statement
 > Object: stack
"/Users/hillen/Desktop/kompilieren/PK-Beitragsu?bersicht
2.0/PK-Beitragsu?bersicht 2.0.app/Contents/MacOS/PK-Beitragsu?bersicht 2.0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btenoligdnb248l/aktuelle%20PK-Beitr%C3%A4ge_2.0.livecode.zip?dl=0