Missing a chance

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 04:19:18 EDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Bob Sneidar
<bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com> wrote:
> There are no hobbyist C++ developers (who produce useful applications/utilities that is).

????
SourceForge isn't exactly the 'in' place for OSS these days but even
so I think it does represent a location (indication) where part time
and hobbyist coders hang out. If I do a search for 'Home and
Education', AND OS X AND written in C++ it comes up with 35 pages with
about 26 projects on each page. Now yes, it might be debatable as to
how many of these are 'useful', but still SourceForge seems to have
plenty examples of useful Apps that are written in C++ that are the
work hobbyists*.

A search of Github also shows there are plenty of examples of C++ apps
by hobbyists.

* I know professional drivers (bus/truck) who participate in car
gymkhanas and/or rallying. I know electronic engineers who play with
Arduinos and/or Raspberry Pis for fun. I know Engineers who build
scale live steam locomotives as a hobby. Just because someone might
program as a profession doesn't mean they can't program in C++ as a
hobby.