unicode? troubles

runrevlist at cc-mail.nl runrevlist at cc-mail.nl
Fri Aug 26 16:58:31 EDT 2016


I have been using this stack for years. I started working on it since runrev version 2.5 actually and I was
working on something similar even in hypercard. (how the years pass by)

Anyway, it’s a tool that helps me analyse stacks and code.
For one thing, it gives me a tree view of all messages and all the handlers they initiate, amongst others.
Extremely useful. Really, I can’t program without it.

I just tried to find out which version of livecode exactly, started messing things up.
I didn’t program for a while and lately I bought a “newer”, a 2011 model, iMac, running   …. el capitain
and my new indy license.

So to test I fired up my older iMac which has older versions of livecode and is running mountain lion

Guess what the stack even worked with version 7.1 of livecode and mountain lion. No problem.
There is a problem with version 8 of livecode since the file/location/format of the dictionairie has changed
which I need to get all reserved names and the names of all messages. But ok I am figuring that out. (it’s a sqlLight file now)

So apparently the culprit is el capitain and not livecode. 
I still need a solution because it’s messing up my tree view and brakes my tool.
If anybody knows a solution, please help me out. In the mean time, if I find a solution, I’ll sure post it.

Thanks,
    Claudi


I just don’t get what has changed. 

Like I wrote 
> On 26 Aug 2016, at 18:37, Ali Lloyd <ali.lloyd at livecode.com> wrote:
> 
> Also what version are you using? I vaguely recall a similar issue having
> been fixed.
> 
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 at 17:11, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto <revolution at jaedworks.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Have you set the itemDelimiter to tab, or is it the default comma?
>> 
>> Can you post your code, along with the contents of the field before and
>> after?
>> 
>> 
>> At 10:16 AM +0200 8/26/2016, runrevlist at cc-mail.nl wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> 
>>> I have a strange problem which I can't seem to solve.
>>> I put some tab delimited text in a field, each line is like openCard
>>> tab behaviour_1092_3 tab.
>>> 
>>> Now I want to put 9 into item 5 of line 1 of this field.
>>> In all versions before 7 this works well.
>>> Unfortunately starting with version 7 and above things get weird and
>>> that's why I suspect a unicode issue
>>> Instead of the 9 being put in item 5 of line 1, it gets put in item
>>> 2 of line 2.
>>> 
>>> after putting 9 into item 5 of line 1 I get the following:
>>> 
>>> put the number of items of line 1   -  2
>>> put the number of items of line 2  -   4
>>> put item 1 of line 2                        - tab
>>> put item 2 of line 2                        - 9
>>> 
>>> I find this very weird. How did the 9 end up in item 2 of line 1
>>> when I explicitly put it into item 5 of line 1.
>>> What has changed. The same stack with the same code works great pre 7.
>>> 
>>> I hope someone has an idea as I am stupefied.
>>> 
>>> Thanks
>>>      Claudi
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-livecode mailing list
>>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> jeanne a. e. devoto
>> livecode at jaedworks.com
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode





More information about the Use-livecode mailing list