Wouldn't it be neat...

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 23:29:34 EDT 2016

I like this idea, so I made a quick and dirty method.

Made a button with this..
on mouseUp
   put the selectedtext into tText
   if the first char of tText is not quote then put quote before tText
   if the last char of tText is not quote then put quote after tText
   put tText into the selectedchunk
end mouseUp

Did the extra rigamarole for those times when I get one of the quotes in
but forgot the other.  If there is already a quote at either end of the
selection, no quote is added to that end. Should be easy to turn it into a
plugin, and assign a key combination to do the quote insert. Thanks for the
idea.