Mobile scroller

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 19 21:53:21 EDT 2016

On 8/19/2016 3:02 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
> How can a mobile scroller be in layer behind a field control?

It isn't really, it just acts like that.

> I see the scroller getting created and do its usual short flash of the
> scroll indicators but you can't use it but instead it sends mouseup to the
> field that goes to another card that has scrolling results and that scroller
> works perfect on the new card. Scrollers on other cards also work perfect.
> I've used the mobile scroller many many times with no problems.
> I moved the scroller rect below the field for a test and it is on top of all
> the other controls and scrolls the field above as expected.
> This happens only on Android. iOS works as expected.

I had to deal with something similar on Android the other day. It wasn't
quite the same setup as yours, but similar. I worked around it by
handling touchStart and touchEnd to do the scrolling and let the mouseUp
in the control handle taps. The mouseUp is paired with a mouseDown and
only triggers a tap if the vertical difference is more than 10 pixels.

There may be something odd about the Android implementation. You might
consider submitting your stack to the QCC, it was a puzzle for me too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com