Ideas for LiveCode workshops - help needed

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Tue Aug 16 13:47:02 EDT 2016

Thank you all for your ideas, questions and suggestions

First of all, as regards who will be coming to the workshop - basically I’ll take anyone with a pulse (might even take the undead…).

Therefore I have to cater for a wide range of capabilities. Maybe in the future when I have more of an established audience/group here I can do stuff more tailored to what they need but as of now I need to cater for as wide an audience as possible (hence my email to the usegroup)

That said, from other workshops I’ve done here I think I’ll have two main types - those who are completely new to coding and those who are proficient in other languages and want to give LiveCode a whirl…

It sounds like between us all LiveCoders we have a long list of training we would like to receive ourselves, if I have time I’ll set up a Facebook survey thingy to see what the most popular workshop topics might be - and from there we could see what ways we would have to addressing that need.

So as to my workshop on September 17th, I think I’m gravitating towards the fun ‘scribbling-on-photos-of-your-friends’ app idea - I know how to do a basic version of scribbling on mobile and if others were to donate more advanced graphic-effect snippets (I’m looking at you John) that would be lovely to keep my more advanced participants happy

Kind regards

Dave

PS: Come to Plymouth on September 17th for a fun day with LiveCode! http://www.meetup.com/The-THINQTANQ-Events-Meetups-and-More-in-Plymouth/events/226749341/ <http://www.meetup.com/The-THINQTANQ-Events-Meetups-and-More-in-Plymouth/events/226749341/>
PPS: the £10 charge goes to the venue and not to me...