blockchain

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 16 08:58:12 EDT 2016

Jerry, I'm interested, so please share, off list or on.
Richard, think Delta Airlines outage.  Blockchains don't just give you
distributed storage, they give you distributed trust.  Being cheap, I
turned dropbox, and google spreadsheets, and Box, and a couple of other
services into online data repositories, i.e. crude DBMS's, because I can do
it on the cheap.  But what if one or all of those go down?  What if my pipe
goes down?  If I have my mobiles on the same network, and a blockchain,
maybe I don't even need a central server.  If I have a blockchain, maybe a
cell phone that is on my network can be communicating with the outside
world when the wifi or wired-only devices can't.