SSL Help

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Aug 15 13:32:01 EDT 2016

Greetings!

I had a self-signed SSL certificate on my server (a generic certificate that came with the server).  I purchased a SSL certificate and installed it and set it as the default.  It is working fine in every browser I try.  However, in LiveCode (7.0.1), it's getting the previous self-signed SSL certificate and failing with this error:

error -Error with certificate at depth: 0
 issuer   = /C=US/ST=Virginia/L=Herndon/O=Parallels/OU=Parallels Panel/CN=Parallels Panel/emailAddress=info at parallels.com
 subject  = /C=US/ST=Virginia/L=Herndon/O=Parallels/OU=Parallels Panel/CN=Parallels Panel/emailAddress=info at parallels.com
 err 18:self signed certificate

Of course, if I set libURLSetSSLVerification to false, then it's fine.

Lastly, it works fine in LC 8 (but for a verity of reasons, I can't use LC 8)

Any thoughts?

-Dan