list field question

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:21:03 EDT 2016

I just tried a quick and dirty method, not fully fleshed but it might do
what you need to if you can work out all the positioning..

I made a list field with enough entries to require scroll, then I made some
graphic rectangles and lined them up with the lines I want to disable.
Added 1 extra grc, then grouped them.
Size the group to cover the field with the blocking graphics in the right
position, then.. "set the top of grc "bottomMarker" to the top of group
"maskgroup" + the formattedheight of field "myField"
This causes the group to have the ability to scroll. (I actually think
Ineed to add the height of the graphic also, but since I have the
horizontal scrollbar turned on it just covers it up when I scroll to the
max)

Then, in the script for the field a simple "set the vscroll of group
"maskGroup" to the vscroll of me makes them stay in sync, and moves the
blocking rects along with the lines I wish to block.

There are issues not worked out yet, such as.. If using a scroll wheel to
adjust the field, when the mouse is over a blocked line the scrolling
stops.
How to line up the blocking lines dynamically (though i'm sure theres
already math out there to do this so that a blocking group can be
dynamically generated

Of course, there is probably a way to catch the mousedown and choose to
ignore it based on the mouseline, which would be much easier.