Play m4a files on Windows 7

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 16:06:17 EDT 2016

Hi all,

@Jacque:

I can successfully play .m4a audio files on Windows 7 using LC 8.1 dp3
*after* installing the LAV filters suggested in the LC Forums:
Note that this is not officially suggested by LiveCode Ltd, it is just a
working solution.

@Peter:

Player callbacks are supported in LC 8.1 dp2 onwards:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/4140
So you can try them in 8.1 dp3 which is more stable than dp2. Just one
thing to note:
The Windows DS player uses different timescale, so e.g the same video might
have a 1200 duration on OSX and 15200 on Windows (the numbers are
completely random). So when you set the callbacks do *not* use an absolute
value for the time, but relative to the player duration.

Best,
Panos