OT: Switch it off and back on

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 9 10:32:00 EDT 2016

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I've always been in favour of this practice, without questioning why !

I run an old version lof LiveCode (5.5). Quite often, I save a modified
version of my stack, and then try to Quit LiveCode.
I get the same message asking me to Save or Cancel, and LiveCode is
now totally blocked. I have to Force Quit (on my Mac), and then reload
LiveCode. My first Save worked OK, so I never lost anything. I waste about
one minute of my life Force Quitting and reloading LiveCode.

This happens regularly, but I live with it. For the same reason when I
select a button and by mistake hit backspace, and my button (and
its script) disappears into thin air (recent question to you), doesn't
bother me in the least. I save my stack after every few lines of script
and so if I absent-mindedly delete my button, I have a backup taken
a few minutes earlier.

Software was never perfect - I know ! I've been writing it for 50 years !

Reminds me of the joke where 4 software engineers were in their car,
and suddenly it stopped for no apparent reason !
They discussed the options (engineers do this !) and then decided that
if they all got out of the car and got back in again, the problem would
disappear. That's life - Live with it   ! .......

-Francis