SVG Editors, anyone?

Beda Sellung Posteo b.sellung at posteo.de
Fri Aug 5 17:52:03 EDT 2016

Hello Graham,

that’s what I’m looking for too, after seeing widgets on the great conference in Edingburgh this week.

CrossPlatform, Opensource and free alternative is Inkscape.

An advanced substitute vor Illustrator in my opinion is AffinityDesigner (Mac) for 40 £ and now also available as a free beta for windows.
This is a full substitute for Illustrator that is running much more faster and smoother on the mac than IL Perhaps for its mighty functions it may be a little complex for little tasks. Together with their product AffinityPhoto SerifLabs are really challenging Adobe in price and functionality, especially on the Mac.

For making especially icons and symbols for controls there are also specialized applications around like WebCode from PixelCut.
You can get it from the Apple Appstore for about 40 € and a trail version from their websites: webcodeapp.com
WebCode exports SVG and also html+css with JS for animated graphics especially for web development.

I’ve no experience yet with using any SVG-code wich may be delivered in different flavors or qualities, I don’t know.

But I’m very interested in this subject and I will do my test, so I hope we can exchange our experiences.

Beda