Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Aug 4 03:07:09 EDT 2016

All I was pointing out was that the current mechanism means you need to put in shim doubleMouse handlers in the controls which don't respond to double clicks *and* you have to write more code if you want to handle triple click.

A simpler pattern (I think at least) is the one I suggested where you get no doubleMouse messages but can get easily how many clicks have occurred in the current sequence.

This topic I think has come up several times over the years which suggests that the current behavior isn't perhaps the most obvious (and is ever so slightly misleading) however, admittedly, it is perhaps less important than other things if only because it is all scriptable - you just need to think how to script it.

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone