Refer to new group?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Aug 3 10:38:42 EDT 2016

> On 3 Aug 2016, at 3:31 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for moving that forward, Monte.
>
> I agree that the best solution would be for "it" to contain the long id of the newly created group.
>
> "last group" doesn't appear to be broken per se, because AFAIK it seems to faithfully return the group with the highest ordinal number, even if in some cases we might prefer it behave like a "most recently created" function instead.
>
> So making sure "it" has the object reference not only provides a good solution, but one which is consistent with other object creation commands.

I’ve actually implemented that part between conference commitments but I would like to also be able to pass a return delimited list of object references to the command. The ` and ` style lists are used for a number of commands and I think it all cases a list would be nice to have a return delimited list alternative. So I guess I know what I’m doing on the flight home ;-)

Cheers

Monte