Refer to new group?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 2 11:37:43 EDT 2016

I vaguely recall some new language element recently added to allow us to
more reliably refer to newly-created groups.

Apparently the "group" command is an exception to the general rule that
"it" will contain the long ID of a newly-created object after a command
that creates it.

And using "last" is not always reliable with groups.

After reviewing Release Notes from 8.1 back to 6.7 I can't find mention
of such an option.

Am I dreaming?

I was prompted to explore this from this forum thread:

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems