looking for an alternative to KAGI, because KAGI ceased operations (:

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Aug 1 17:50:23 EDT 2016

I know, Paypal is easy. I used it before 01.01.2015. But after that date the EU changed the rules how VAT has to be handled for digital products when sold within the EU.
So the VAT declarations for every EU country i have to do every month is the problem. Using PayPal i am the seller of the product and therefore i am responsible for the VAT declarations.

Every month / 3 months i have to declare how much VAT i have received from the customers for each of the EU countries i sold my software to.
That means, even if i just sell only one license to a customer in France for example, i have to do same amount of paper work as if i have sold  20 licenses to 20 different customers in France.
If i sell 5 licenses to 5 different EU countries, i have to do 5 declarations.
And if i do not sell for example to a french customer one month, i still  have to do the declaration for France. In this case with the information that i did not receive “french” VAT that month.

You can imagine how much work that is.

I think i will give Fastspring or Avangate a try. Let´s see who of them answers my email questions faster… ;)

Matthias