Vertical Scroll Bar in Scrolling Field

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 22:49:37 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <
brahma at hindu.org> wrote:

> In <7 versions I remember the vertical scroll bar only appeared if the
> formattedText of the field was “taller” than the field height? Otherwise
> the scroll bar was hidden.
>
> Hmmm, that's how I thought I remembered it too but I just cracked open
6.6.5 with a new stack and dragged a scrolling field and scrolling list
field on to it and both have the 'space' for the vertical scroll bar
visible. The only thing that 'appears' when the text grows too big is the
actual thumb tab that you can drag up and down.

To fake it I suppose you could test the formattedText height and set or
unset the 'vScrollbar' property of the field.

HTH