List Field Not receiving Mouse messages unless a line is clicked?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Apr 26 11:15:47 EDT 2016

Understood.. But even mouse release does not solve the core issue.

Perhaps the anomaly is here:

"You use the hilitedLine property to determine which line the user clicked.”

Perhaps the bug is not that the mousedown and mouseup are ignored, but that if the user clicks on empty space in the field, the hilitedline remains highlighted.

Since I am clicking on “no line” then one would expect the hilited line to be unhilited. Because, by definition:  if you need to “determine which line the user clicked on”  is should return 0 and set the hilted lines of the field to none.

At least, that was my “naïve” expectation”

BR