Playing sound files

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Sun Apr 24 01:59:41 EDT 2016

You can do timed subtitles now using callbacks—if you want the text to display outside the player, like in a field.

Look up “callbacks" in the dictionary. Basically you build a list with lines like this:

	<time>,<command>

When the player reaches that time it sends that command.

The handler that receives the command has the job of putting the appropriate text into the field.

QuickTime has always had the ability to display subtitles (“text track”) directly in a player video window. I don’t think AV Foundation does that.

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA