Playing sound files

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Apr 23 23:15:43 EDT 2016

Panos:

I will throw in an  important use case here as we need LC to move forward to gain parity with the world of audio and video that runs in sync with

1) subtitling
2) full transcript
3) song lyrics

This requires a backend where subtitles/yrics/transcripts are timecoded “along the way” so to speak, so that as the narration (audio or video) progresses, the visual text elements (presentation varies, on screen… a field off to the right of the video etc.  below the player…

So, whatever you do… make sure that we can support this on all platforms w/o quicktime

Been waiting “decades” …that’s an exaggeration.. Just 17 years… not decades. We might even be able to give SMIL a kick (he’s been asleep since 2008) and make it useful again.

Imagine this + sound

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/SMIL_missile_demo.svg

BR