Playing sound files

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Sat Apr 23 01:24:46 EDT 2016

Panos,

Does this mean that a player control can play the formats you list (.mp3, .midi, .wav, .wma, .wmv etc) without QT being installed, and the player has otherwise the full capability (commands, functions, etc.) it has while playing a QuickTime file? Or are there other limitations?

A related question:
One thing I currently use when saving files as QuickTime is Fast Start (Prepare for Internet Streaming). This allows files to start playing before they are completely downloaded. Will the new Windows player support some kind of streaming format like this?

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA