Arrays for lists with multiple lines where item 1 is the same on N number of lines

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 05:42:28 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> NB - you do get the trailing comma, so you need to handle that properly in
> any subsequent processing

That's extremely important, trailing delimiters are such a gotcha I try to
always avoid creating them in the first place. I can't remember in which
instances a list with a trailing delimiter is handled correctly, ie repeat
for each item, and which give incorrect results. In the msg box:

put "43,131,6," into tStore
put the number of items of tStore into msg
sort items of tStore
put cr & the number of items of tStore after msg