How to force a library inclusion in a Standalone?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 21 16:31:11 EDT 2016

On 4/21/2016 3:13 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
> On 4/21/2016 3:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 4/21/2016 10:08 AM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
>>
>>> How can I ensure that, when we build the standalone, whatever library
>>> has the file/folder functions are always included in the standalone? Is
>>> there a library stack containing the revCopyFile, revDeleteFolder, etc.
>>> commands that I can explicitly load and "start using"?
>>
>> These are part of the revCommon library and are included in every
>> standalone automatically. You shouldn't need to do anything special to
>> have access to them, they're always there.
>>
>> If they aren't working, the library may not have loaded yet. Are you
>> trying to use the commands before the app is finished starting up,
>> like in a preOpen-whatever or openWhatever handler? Or are messages
>> locked when you use them?
>>

> No the app has fully started up. A menu item is then user selected which
> loads an external stack from a folder. The loaded external stack loads
> and functions correctly in all other ways. It makes use of the revZip
> external that was loaded by the standalone just fine, but when it hits
> the revDeleteFolder statement - handler not found. The loaded stack
> functions completely correctly in the IDE so the line with the
> revDeleteFolder is syntactically and functionally correct.
>
> It is only when we build the standalone (under LC676) that
> revDeleteFolder can no longer be found.

It's supposed to be inserted into the backscripts. Try adding some
debugging code after startup is finished:

    get "revCommonLibrary" is in the backscripts
    answer "Common library loaded:" && it

See what it says. If it's false, there may be a bug but I'd test in LC 7
before reporting it or at least check the bug database.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com