Multiple Threads

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 20 12:04:05 EDT 2016

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > So I think I've isolated why it is that virtually every post on this
 > list ends up creating multiple threads in my email application. Lots
 > of people are *STILL* using use-revolution at lists.runrev.com.
 > Because of this I start reading the replies to a post before I ever
 > see the original issue.
 >
 > I know I cannot ever get the digest users to use the list, or the
 > list users to start using the digest so that is what it is. But can
 > those of you who still use use-revolution at lists.runrev.com please
 > Please *PLEASE* stop that and start using use-livecode at
 > lists.runrev.com? PLEASE! Thank you.

<oldManRant>
Whem I was a kid we had to have half a dozen different email accounts
because CompuServe, GENIE, AOL, and my few friends at university using
that experimental thing they were calling "Internet" couldn't send mail
to one another.  Just be glad you can receive email in a single place at
all.
</oldManRant>

But seriously, I've come to appreciate that no matter how many RFCs are
written, no matter the best intentions of the programmers of email
clients and their users, inevitably both software and people will
operate outside of ideal guidelines.

See:
<https://manchesternlpn.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/user-experience.jpg>

:)

People do what people do.  Somewhere through the years I just adopted
the view that the only person I can rely on to manage my In Box is me.
And even then the person responsible for it is doing a lousy job. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems