Help with Nested Arrays - Json

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 18 20:29:06 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > I want to, as they say, in the UK, “come to grips” with nested arrays
 > and then, secondarily, importing and exporting to and from JSON.

Why JSON?

Where does the data come from, and where is it going?

 > Instead of building up the array… somehow my method is wiping out
 > that “higher dimensions” of the array.

An array is a collection of key-value pairs.
A key can be any string up to 255 chars.
A value can be any data: string, binary, numeric, or another array.

So if you have an array value that is a string, and later replace it
with another array, then the string will be gone, since the array is now
in its place.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems